Friday, April 30, 2010

Tips/advice on how to have a good beginning to a story?

I know things like don’t start the story with “ My name is, and I’m – years old(and then rattling on about where they live and stuff), and “I’m running/I run”. So skip that stuff! :PTips/advice on how to have a good beginning to a story?
Try to start it with something happening, not the writer/narrator talking. A bit of action is good, but don't start it in, like, the middle of a war. Try to have some drama, but don't make it too dramatic. Do not start it off with a big bundle of descriptions: that makes the reader automatically think, ';Boring,'; and walk away.Tips/advice on how to have a good beginning to a story?
You could use things like imagery, or scenery, you know? You could describe the setting... or you could use an anecdote. I suppose it would all depend on exactly what you want to talk about. It's not always bad when you start with ';My name is Jane Doe';, or something like that, but you'd have to put something interesting behind it, such as, ';My name is Jane Doe and this is how I died...'; or you know, something interesting like that. Or, you know, you can start off with something funny, like a joke or something to get the reader interested. What ever you want to do will make the story great, I think. Good luck.
You should start with what the character is thinking about at the moment that kinda descri we him wether he's random,misterious,or just plain weird.I also agree to describe the setting:)good luck on your story
you can start with a qoute

No comments:

Post a Comment