Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'm having shoulder surgery. Does anyone have any tips or advice to make this time easier?

I'm having shoulder surgery within the next few weeks, and I am really nervous about how difficult everything is going to be after the surgery is done.


Does anyone have any tips about ways to make my life a little easier after surgery? Right now, I'm looking around and realizing how much I NEED both hands/arms for, and getting a bit depressed over the idea of someone having to button my pants and cut my food for me for the next eight weeks.I'm having shoulder surgery. Does anyone have any tips or advice to make this time easier?
start practicing now.


you'll be surprised how you can adapt to just using one hand and be able to do buttons. as far as cutting food, plan on having things like burger rather than steak or things that can be cut with a fork.





when i couldnt use my arm i had set aside a few outfits that were pull on for the first few days so i could get used to it.





a good exercise is to type only with the hand you will be able to use. it helps get your fingers moving independently and helps with your dexterity.I'm having shoulder surgery. Does anyone have any tips or advice to make this time easier?
you will adapt. I have already had 2 surgeries on my right shoulder and i am right handed.Also had surgery on my right hand. I got my mom to put my hair up and you will learn how to do stuff with one hand. Trust me. I know what your going through and trust me everything will be ok. I didnt need help buttoning my pants or anything. you will get the hang of it. Good luck, hope everything goes well
The guy who said ';practice now'; is right. You can adapt fairly quickly. I am typing this with one hand because I just had surgery on my dominant wrist and can't use it. I started practicing ahead of time for things I would need to be able to do with my other, weaker hand, and a week later, I am doing them just as naturally with one hand as I would with two. Also, seriously consider buying some shorts and pants that you can just pull up. Slip on shoes are great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment