Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'm going snowboarding for basically the first time this weekend, any tips or advice?

Share some stories and tips from snowboarding/skiing. And what hills do you think I should start on if I'm not taking lessons but have a generally good idea of what to do?I'm going snowboarding for basically the first time this weekend, any tips or advice?
Don't eat yellow snow.I'm going snowboarding for basically the first time this weekend, any tips or advice?
definitely get a lesson. most people who just start without getting a lesson usually get frustrated bc they think it will be easy but it's not. i had a lesson my first few times and don't know what i woulda done without them. start on the beginner hill. if you think you knwo what to do, you probably don't bc it's harder than it looks. just try the beginner hill (green) and if you master it, then start going down some blues.


i fell down soo much my first time, and had a billion bruises the next day. but it's totally worth it!! good luck
just take a group lesson- they're cheap. dont fall when you're getting on the lift, its idiots like you that make the lift stop like every 4 seconds.


JUST KIDDING!


you'll do fine! wear warm pants under snow pants because with skiing you're never on your butt so it doesnt matter but snowboarding, you'll basically be sitting down in the snow for most of the time.
You should not even think about going without wearing a helmet. The first time that I went snowboarding, my best friend tried it too. He spent the night in a hospital because he hit his head against a tree or some ice. Buy a helmet and use it. Spend at least 30 min. before and after snowboarding stretching because it will help keep your body from being in SERIOUS pain from the falls that happen to everyone who tries the sport.
This was the first bit of information I was told when I went.





If your going to, turn and roll, do not catch yourself with your hands, you will break your wrists.





No matter how many times and how hard ya fall, get up and keep going. It's a great sport!





Enjoy and good luck! =]
I think you should try snowboarding first I ski but have been skiing since i was too. my friend says snowboarding is much easier


And stay On Trails that are rated circles and squares there very easy
Wear a tailbone pad, it will take many direct hits. Figure skaters wear them during training.





Wear a helmet too.
Get a Lesson!





You can't start this sport without first knowing the proper techniques.





Snowboarding is funner, but it is not easier. It requires a lot more work to learn. But in the end its worth it because of how much fun you have
take lessons. don't try to learn by yourself unless you have somebody really good teaching you.

No comments:

Post a Comment