Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pregnancy and indian traditions : can someone give me tips and advice usually passed on by Indian grandmas?

Indian, born in India, I now live abroad and have nobody Indian around me to give me advice on my first pregnancy. I would like to have some traditional knowledge, something my mother could have taught me, and not all these very medical things one are told out here.


Thanks for your help.Pregnancy and indian traditions : can someone give me tips and advice usually passed on by Indian grandmas?
drink lots of milk


do all the household works


take adequate rest


read lots of books and listen to soft music


stay calm always and indulge in some art or knittingPregnancy and indian traditions : can someone give me tips and advice usually passed on by Indian grandmas?
stay active


sum put a bit of 'kesar' in milk so that the baby will have nice skin
eat what u crave for


but make sure u dont demonstrate it to people


listen to lot of peaceful religious stories


be calm


and dont take too many vitamins as the baby overgrows and difficult to deliver
My mother died long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment