Friday, April 30, 2010

I start college soon and I'm scared, any tips or advice for me?

It's so different from high school! I keep forgetting the the classes I picked are only a semester long and not a year, like in high school. I'm scared that I will get lost and be late! I'm freaking out! The campus is so big! I start on Aug. 25th. I start college soon and I'm scared, any tips or advice for me?
be yourself. act confident even if you dont feel it. and if you fancy having a bit of a change. such as clothes. or hair style. now is the time to do it. because nobody will know any different.. the new people that you meet at college. and smile lots. people respond well to a welcoming smile. you will make new friends in no times. and as for getting lost and being late. get there early the first few times and have a wander round a familiarise yourself with the buildings you use. thats what i did in my first year of uni last year and it really helped! good luck :-) I start college soon and I'm scared, any tips or advice for me?
Get this book ASAP ';What Smart Students Know'; by Adam Robinson.





Excellent primer on how to handle professors and course workloadd as well as how to get the work done.





As far as getting around a big school - follow the other newbees. The crowd effect will help keep you moving in the right direction.





Plus college professors by and large do not care if you are on time to class or not. Totally different attitude about attendance - so being late is not a big the first month.
Take a deep breath and calm down. Now, you won't be the only freshman who gets lost so don't worry about it. Walk the campus and get to know all the classroom building locations. Once classes start you won't forget when they end. Yes college is different - you will be making your own choices and you won't always make the right choices. But this is a big step in growing up, the start of a new life adventure. Dive into it and get the most out of it. Good luck!
you will LOVE it. It will be FUN.....Mark my WORDS...........you are just experiencing EXCITEMENT over the unknown. But it will be SO MUCH FUN and you will LOVE it.....you WONT get lost.....Just Remember the NAME of the building they all have different NAMES and you can always ASK people on the Campus are amoung the NICEST you will ever meet. Because they are HAPPY to be in such a fun, and exciting place.
You should plan to get tours of the classes and memorize the classes and also make sure you have all the stuff you need for your books and papers. that's all i know. I'm going in 7th grade but I'm a straight A student and am always organized.
I'm assuming that you'll be getting to campus before classes actually begin. On one of those first few days, print off your class schedule and find your classes. Time how long it takes you to walk from one class to the one that follows. Figure out the shortest path. You'll be well prepared for your first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment