Friday, April 30, 2010

Need tips and advice with eating when bored and or depressed?

I'm trying to get healthy and lose a few pounds. Anyways I eat when I'm bored and when I'm sad and depressed. (I have depression so it makes it hard) Anyways I was wondering if anyone has any tips or advice for me.





I know I should snack on fruits and veggies but when I'm bored and or depressed I crave junk or bad food : (





Reasons I'm bored I'm out of school till fall, I don't have a job and have very few friends





But please I need help and tips with my eating issuesNeed tips and advice with eating when bored and or depressed?
First off, I feel ya. I get depressed so easily, and I always reach for cookies or Chocolate. It's hard to break old habits, but I've been trying to eat healthier. First, I try to get rid of anything that might tempt me, like the junk food. I ate up all my junk food and didn't buy any more. That way, when I do get hungry and I have to eat something, I reach for something healthier. You don't have to totally eliminate Chocolate or cookies. I eat the chocolate covered raisins (sounds gross, but they're really good) or a chocolate granola bar. I also eat fruit snacks or the 100 Calorie packs of cookies.


If you want to stop eating that kind of stuff all together, try chewing different flavored gum. I chew cinnamon or mint gum, usually one that's taste lasts long.


Best of luck with the whole situation!!! I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment