Friday, April 30, 2010

Does anyone have any tips/advice to help me recover from clinical depression?

Pls say whether or not you have had/have clinical depression.


thanks allDoes anyone have any tips/advice to help me recover from clinical depression?
I have clinical depression, and I'm on antidepressants and getting counseling. Between the two of them, I feel better than I have in a very long time!!





If you are really clinically depressed, you will need to be on some type of medication the rest of your life. I felt bad about that at first, but I feel so good right now, that it doesn't bother me at all right now.





The counseling part is also very important, and I would highly suggest that to you.





Best of luck to you :-)





..Does anyone have any tips/advice to help me recover from clinical depression?
I have had clinical depression probably since I was 10, but I didn't ask for help until I turned 18, and then was diagnosed and put on meds.


Everyone is different. I cannot stress that enough, but here are things that help me and my friends who suffer from depression or bipolar disorder.


Art! A great way to get out your emotions. Recommended by lots of pyschologists, especially for those who hurt themselves and/or have suicidal thoughts. This can be drawing, painting, sculpture, poetry, prose, and anything else. It releases your emotions in a positive and productive way.


Music. Usually for those who play an instrument or sing, but also lets out the emotions.


Reading. This one seems to only work for me. When I'm really depressed, I like to escape, and be someone else. It's also nice to know I'm not being stalked by a serial killer :)


Exercise! Exercise releases serotonin, which you and are lacking. This can be walking outside (sunlight helps too) or working out in the gym. Find something you like. With me, it's yoga. Sometimes I feel that's the only time I'm ever truly happy.





It all comes down to what you like, what you're good at, and what works for you. It's different for everyone, and it might be different for you day to day. When I'm very depressed I write poetry and when I'm just morose, I paint.


Symbolism is wonderful.
I second the recommedation for jogging, or any type of vigorous exercise. Join a gym and use one of those elliptical machines
Hi

No comments:

Post a Comment